Cal eProcure Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Financial Information System for California?
- What is Cal eProcure?
- How do I access Cal eProcure?
- What happened to BidSync?
- Why am I still receiving notifications from BidSync?
- What functions are available on the Cal eProcure Portal?
- What is the difference between a Sourcing Bidder and a Supplier?
- How do I register?
- Who do I contact for registration assistance, profile updates and solicitation notifications?
- Will my Small Businesses and/or Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise data carry over?
- Is training available?
- How can suppliers and bidders look for subcontractors or prime contractors to work with?
- Browser Compatibility and Accessibility
Back to Top
What is the Financial Information System for California?
FI$Cal is a business transformation project for the state of California in the areas of budgeting, accounting, procurement, and cash management. The project will prepare the state systems and workforce to function in an integrated financial management system environment. FI$Cal is a historic partnership between the Department of Finance, the State Controller’s Office, the State Treasurer’s Office and the Department of General Services.Back to Top
What is Cal eProcure?
Cal eProcure is the new online portal designed to improve the experience of businesses selling products and services to the state of California. This new system replaces BidSync, giving businesses access to bidding and contracting resources in one location. Cal eProcure is user-friendly and responsively designed for mobile devices.Back to Top
How do I access Cal eProcure?
Cal eProcure can be accessed online at: https://caleprocure.ca.govBack to Top
What happened to BidSync?
The State of California is no longer utilizing BidSync as its’ online procurement portal. Cal eProcure becomes the portal for access to advertised bid opportunities with the State of California in the California State Contracts Register (CSCR). It also provides access to the State Contracting and Procurement Registration System (SCPRS), Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (SB/DVBE) certification and queries, and statewide Leveraged Procurement Agreement (LPA) search functions.Back to Top
Why am I still receiving notifications from BidSync?
BidSync continues to support solicitations outside the State of California.Back to Top
What functions are available on the Cal eProcure Portal?
- Bidder registration: All bidders can set up their profile in Cal eProcure. Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (SB/DVBE) firms have already been preregistered in the system. They are able to update their profiles and desired notifications.
- SB/DVBE certification: New applicants can apply for certification in Cal eProcure. Firms already certified can update or renew their certification information.
- SB/DVBE search: Find certified SBs and DVBEs.
- Leveraged Purchase Agreement (LPA) Search: Search for state LPAs (Statewides, California Multiple Award Schedules, Software Licensing Program, Masters, NASPO ValuePoint, State Price Schedule, etc.).
- State Contracting and Procurement Registration System (SCPRS) search: Search SCPRS data.
- CSCR notification and bid search: Search for new bids on Cal eProcure and receive notifications.
What is the difference between a Sourcing Bidder and a Supplier?
Suppliers are businesses who are actively doing business with State of California departments transacting in FI$Cal and they already have an existing vendor record in the FI$Cal Vendor Management File (VMF). A sourcing bidder is an entity that wishes to receive notifications on bid opportunities.Back to Top
How do I register?
Access the Cal eProcure Portal and click on “Log In/Register”. Click on the Register as a Sourcing Bidder and complete the registration steps. If you receive an error message regarding a duplicate TIN, contact FI$Cal Portal Support @ 1-855-421-6355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Top
Who do I contact for registration assistance, profile updates and solicitation notifications?
Please contact FI$Cal Portal Support at:
- 1-855-421-6355 (toll free)
- Email: email@example.com
- Hours of operation (phone and email) are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Time, except on state holidays
Will my Small Businesses and/or Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise data carry over?
Small Business & DVBE certification data was transferred from BidSync to Cal eProcure. Please log in to view and update your profile accordingly.Back to Top
Is training available?
Online self-service training is now available for Cal eProcure. Access TrainingBack to Top
How can suppliers and bidders look for subcontractors or prime contractors to work with?
Within an event advertised in CSCR suppliers and bidders can post and view ads from other suppliers and bidders.
Browser Compatibility and Accessibility
Back to Top
What browsers are supported for desktop users?
- IE 10 or higher
- Chrome 21 or higher
- Firefox 11 or higher
- Safari v5 or higher
What browsers are supported for mobile users?
- Safari iOS7 or higher
- Chrome on Android 4.1 or higher
For additional information or assistance please contact the FI$Cal Portal Support at 1-855-421-6355 (toll free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.